Nut bad weather.

What grand weather we are havin up here in Cumbria at present......Still not varra use with writing Cumbria. Cause I really know this fine part of the world where I have lived all me lang life as Cummerlan (Cumberland). Why they changed its name in 1972 I'd nivver know. But we've now had fower super days of hot sun on t'trot. But yer know what people say hereaboots - "nivver shed a sitch of clowt until May's out". So as its furst of June today I'll tak me vest off. LOL

Ok I'll help yer out - "nivver shed a sitch of clowt until May's out". Means never take off a layer of clothes until the end of May.

Yer word for today is yan to help yer decipher last weeks post about feutt bo.

Nut - not.

here a few more examples fra me dictionary

Nut i'shaft for - unable to accomplish it.
Nut reet - not right, incorrect; idiotic or simpleton "Yer Mary's nut reet in t'heed".
Nut to ride a watter on - Not to be depended upon: Some saddle-horses have a propensity to lie down in crossing water of a ford.
Nut verra reet - Not very right (see Nut reet)

And finally thought I' add this yan cause it maks me smile, even if its nut connected with t'days post.

Nutcrack feass - facial appearance where the nose and the chin approach.

Do yer kno anyyan with a nutcracker feass? - enjoy yer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment