About William Dickinson (part 1)

I can understand many of you will not be too familiar with the native folk speach of Oald Cummerlan. So fray now on I'l try till rite this blog proper like. So yers will git to grips with what am sayen. Or should I say - from now on I'll try to write this blog in modern english. So you will understand what I am trying to say. But I can't promise I'll not slip the odd word in here and than-abouts to keep yers entertained.
Isn't "blog" a funny word we nivver hed ought like it when I was a lad. Sorry there I go again - I really mean't to say never had anything like it when I was lad. We nivver hed computers either.
In truth I am not really yer average blogger because I was actually born in 1799. Suppose that makes me 210 years oald.
My father was call't John Dickinson and farmed at Kidburngill Farm, near Arlecdon in West Cumberland. My mother Mary, was a Fleming and browte up at Wright Green which is varra close to where me fayther lived at Kidburngill.
If yer want to know more about Arlecdon, yer should get hold of a history booak written by the oald vicar, Edward Haigh Sugden in 1897. You can still get it as it was reprent'd by Richard Byers in 1997 and is still available. It will tell you a lot about me as I am mentioned quite a bit in it.
Anyways I plan to give yers a new word or phrase iv'ry now and then, mostly I try and post yan iv'ry day. And I'll also tell yers a lot more about mysel given time.
To start you off the next few posts will help you read this one.

3 comments:

  1. Just fund t'blog marra. Hope its ganna git fwok tokin. Got yer laal booak fra that Derwent bookshop in Wukinton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Burridge welcome, our very furst visitor. Let me assist the other readers with a quick translation "Just found the blog my friend. Hope its going to get folk (people) talking. Got your small book from Derwent Bookshop in Workington" Thank you once again and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its wonderful blog really very nice site and blog facility.every title is very nice and very fatastic concept.Private tutor in Tribeca Thanks for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete